November 19, 2019 the KCCA adopted new document recording standards as well as an updated fee schedule.
Effective Jan 1, 2020 all 120 counties in the State of Kentucky, will require all documents to meet the the following format standards for paper documents or erecording documents:
- Paper Color: White – No Water marks
- Paper Size: 8 ½” x 11” preferred. 8 ½” x 14” accepted.
- Margins: Top 3 inches of first page for recording information. All other margins are 1 inch. [Last page is to have 3 inches at the bottom for Hardin County Clerk’s office.]
- Print on one side only.
- Ink Color: Black preferred with dark blue signatures.
- Paper weight: 20 lb
- 10 point Times New Roman or equivalent
- 9 lines per inch maximum
- No staples or binding
- No Impression seals
- No colored highlight markers.
As of January 1, 2020 any documents erecorded, brought, mailed, etc, into the office are required to meet the new format standards as well as the new fees in order to be recorded.
If the document was prepared in December, the fees are required to be paid according to the January 1, 2020 fee schedule.