Third Party Purchaser Information
Our tax sale is conducted electronically. Participants MUST submit their lists using the export file provided by this site. On the day of the sale the list of participants is put in a random order and their bills are assigned electronically, according to the list file they have submitted, one bill to each participant per round until all lists are exhausted or all bills are sold. Because this sale is being done electronically participants are not expected to attend the sale.
You will not be allowed to participate in the sale if you have outstanding delinquencies in your name, regardless of the age of the delinquency.
The following is a list of procedures that must be followed in order to participate in our tax sale.
- You must register with the Hardin County Clerk at least 10 days in advance of the sale. The sale date is Monday, August 12, 2019 at 8:00:00 AM Eastern Standard Time.
- The registration fee is $10.00 per bill with a cap of $250.00 (payable at time of registration). Registration fee is non-refundable. Make checks payable to the Hardin County Clerk's Office. We do not require a deposit.
- You must sign and complete a registration form. Also include a copy of your registration certificate issued by the Department of Revenue. We will accept these forms only by mail.
- Download the Registration Form Here
- You must provide VALID contact information. ONLY provide phone numbers that are ACTIVELY MONITORED during normal business hours.
- After the bills have been advertised in the newspaper you will be able to calculate an August payoff that reflects all advertising and service fees. You will need to do this for each bill you plan on purchasing, so that you will have an idea as to what your final purchase could cost.
- No later than ten business days prior to the sale date, third party purchasers with prior year certificates of delinquency will be permitted to submit lists of bills they wish to purchase.
- These lists MUST be submitted by email using the file generated below. Instructions for editing the list are in the file.
- The bills appearing on these lists will be prepared for assignment and removed from the actual lottery sale list prior to the sale.
- This list must be submitted as a separate list from the one you submit for the LOTTERY SALE
- No later than ten business days prior to the sale date,third party purchasers, who have met all requirements for participating in the sale, may submit lists of bills they wish to purchase in the sale to be held on Monday, August 12, 2019 at 8:00:00 AM
- These lists MUST be submitted by email using the file generated by this site. Instructions for editing the list are in the file.
- If you wish to implement a spending limit, please note the maximum amount you wish to spend in the body of the email message you attach your list to. We will make a note of it and verify with you this and all other information prior to the sale.
- Lottery sale participants can ignore the Priority Bill and Total Delinquency fields in the file.
- Lottery sale participants can give each bill in their list a number that will denote the order in which each bill should be chosen. In the absence of this information their list will be sorted by the tax amount from greatest to least, with the greatest being chosen first during the sale. (See the file for more information)
- Funds to cover the purchase of all bills purchased via the tax sale (both priority as well as lottery) will be accepted by certified check, cash or credit/debit card only. Certified Checks must be sent via overnight post to the Hardin County Clerk's Office after being notified of your final payment amount. Payments via credit/debit card may be made over the phone, but there will be an additional credit card processing fee.
If you have questions feel free to contact the Hardin County Clerk’s Office
@ 270-765-2171 option 3.